Re: Indian in the Cupboard

Beth Blenz (blenzb@sawdust.cvfn.org)
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 13:26:26 +0000

Joel, I think the ALA and other organizations would agree with Steve
Bliss . The copyright law allows for a face-to-face teaching
exemption. It may be safest to buy only public perf. videos for schools
(given that there may be multiple uses fior a given tape), but under
controlled conditions, home-use videos may be used without guilt. I
wrote a piece on this subject last year for Children's Video Report.

--Beth Blenz-Clucas