Re: video ILL available

Ralph Huntzinger (ralphunt@rain.kcls.lib.wa.us)
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 09:09:38 -0800 (PST)

Joel, great first step ... baby tho it is -- knowing how hard it is to
move minds into treating video like other materials, congratulations.

Now you can work moving others in your institution toward: charging for
all materials or no materials ($2.00 fee?), taking holds/requests/reserves
on all materials or no materials (except scarce materials, which means a
smalllllll collection), treating results of creative idea making
(especially fiction for a public library) the same eventhough they may
show up in trashy paperbacks, overblown hard bound, movies, etc. ...
... but you know all this.

CONGRATULATIONS on breaking the jam, hope a cascade of other changes
comes down (sooner than later). Maybe more examples of libraries like
yours throughout other parts of the country will establish the climate
where we can quit worrying about format except where it really matters.

Ralph