Re: Average prices

Video Librarian (vidlib@kendaco.telebyte.com)
Fri, 8 Dec 1995 16:28:11 -0800 (PST)

Philip is right. In some libraries, video accounts for as much as 40% of
the overall circulation but the video *budget* is more in the
neighborhood of 10% of the overall materials budget. Even with the
so-called differing factors that have to be worked in (video has a
shorter circ time, etc.), it seems to me that circ tied to budget
percentage is an inherently logical way to determine budget. In a sense,
your patrons have already made the determination for you--the question is
whether your administration people are listening to what they're being
told by these figures.

Randy Pitman

Editor
Video Librarian