Re: TITLE SEARCH "BILL"

Mark Ritchie (mritchie@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca)
Fri, 24 Nov 1995 17:56:11 -0500

On Fri, 24 Nov 1995 DELAP@cariboo.bc.ca wrote:

> One of our faculty has asked me to find out about a program called
> "BILL". It is the story of a mentally challenged man who leaves an
> institution and becomes integrated into the community.
>
> One of my colleagues in B.C. has suggested that it may have been a
> made-for-TV movie, starring Mickey Rooney.
>
> Does anyone out there have anything to add to this info, like
> producer, distributor, availability? Baker and Taylor do not list
> it and I suspect it is really old.
> Rose Delap

The title in question BILL was indeed a made-for-tv item starring Mickey
Rooney and made in 1981 by the Alan Landsburg Company. There is also a
sequel called BILL: ON HIS OWN made in 1983. There are descriptions in
WatMedia. They are listed as being distributed by Live Home Video in the
USA, I don't have a Canadian distributor listed.

To access WatMedia use our URL in my signature file.

W. Mark Ritchie Phone : (519) 888-4070
Media Library Fax : (519) 888-6197
Audio Visual Centre
University of Waterloo Internet: MRitchie@UWaterloo.Ca
200 University Ave West
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada "I was just out of college and still believed
N2L 3G1 classifications and categories" - Jean Renoir

Visit our WWW site at URL http://www.adm.uwaterloo.ca/infoav/media.html