Re: cdrom video database

Wendy L. Young (WLY@gml.lib.uwm.edu)
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 08:35:22 CST

I support the CD-ROM purchase despite the Internet implications. We
are also moving in that direction and plan to use the stations for a
number of applications. It just opens up a whole new world of
products! Have fun.

Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 05:56:35 -0800
From: STAN@PALS.GUILFORD.EDU
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: cdrom video database

In planning for next year's budget, I have asked for a PC with
CD-Rom drive in order to continue our service of film/video rentals.
I plan to purchase one or more of the cdrom databases that have
"replaced" the Educational Film and Video Locator.
I know that some of the rental libraries have put their catalogs
on line now.
Is it wise to go ahead and invest in the CD-ROM and new computer for
now? The reason I ask this is that I can imagine that the information will
be available to everyone within a year or two over the internet?
What do your crystal balls foretell?

Wendy L. Young
Media Librarian
UW-Milwaukee, Golda Meir Library