Media-L Discussion list

deg farrelly (ICDEG@asuvm.inre.asu.edu)
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 22:38:04 -0700 (MST)

Last week Kathy Olsen wrote:

>I read recently about a listserv called "media...(something)".
>Apparently it deals with a variety of media-related issues, not just
>video. Is anyone familiar with this listserv and how to subscribe to
>it? Thanks in advance!

I've not seen a response on VideoLib, so I am forwarding along the
following information on this *very* useful list:

Hope this helps.

|:^}

deg farrelly, Media Librarian
Arizona State University West E-Mail: deg@asu.edu
4701 West Thunderbird Road Phone: 602.543.8522
Phoenix, Arizona 85069-7100 Fax: 602.543.8521

MEDIA-L serves as a network for people in the media services profession
to ask questions and discuss new procedures or services.

To date there have been discussions about video playbacks in classes,
slide production from computer generated graphics, LCD devices for
overhead projectors and Macintoshes, marketing tapes,copyright issues,
teleconferencing, and newsletter production.

Subscribe to this list by sending a request to the listserv:

listserv@bingvmb.bitnet or listserv@bingvmb.cc.binghamton.edu

Leave the subject line blank. In your message write:

Subscribe Media-L Yourfirstname Yourlastname

You will receive an automated response that your subscription has been
accepted and directions for other settings for your subscription.

If you would like to review the contents of Media-L discussions without
subscribing, and you have access to a Web Browser, there are archives of
Media-L on the World Wide Web. The URL is:

gopher://nora.hd.uib.no:70/11/Distribution%20list%20log/Media

For further information, contact the Listowner:

Jeffrey B. Donahue
Director, Educational Communications Center
Binghamton University
P.O. Box 6000
Binghamton, NY 13902-6000

Phone: 607.777.4750