Re: video label program

White Plains Public Library (wppl@transit.nyser.net)
Thu, 9 Nov 1995 15:31:42 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 7 Nov 1995, Beth E. Traylor wrote:

> We are looking for a computer program that can print out
> videotape labels. The company carries the videotape label stock as
> well.

> Any Ideas, Anyone using such a thing?
>
> Beth Traylor
> Library Media
> Golda Meir Library
> UW-Milwaukee

I don't know of a specific program which does what you are talking about,
but any new word processing program (WordPerfect 6.0, Microsoft Word 6.0)
has special label formats, including videotape spine and face labels.

I have not done this at work, but I have labeled my home collection using
WordPerfect and the Avery videocassette labels, and had no problems at all.
Of course, you have to type in the info. for each cassette separately,
but I suspect you'd have to do that with a stand-alone program anyway.

Hope this is helpful.

Vicki Baldwin
White Plains Public Library
wppl@transit.nyser.net
The opinions expressed above are not those of any responsible party.