Re: evaluation

Nadine Covert (nc68@columbia.edu)
Wed, 8 Nov 1995 11:14:25 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 8 Nov 1995, Cindi Nicotera wrote:

> Does anyone have or know of any literature on how to evaluate videos for
> quality, etc. I would also like to have some examples of collection
> development statements that include replacement and weeding issues. Is
> there any standard on the amount of times a tape is viewed before you start looking for wear?
>
> I would appreciate any tips available!
>
> Thanks
>
> Cindi Nicotera nicotera@hslc.org
> GT Harrell Library
> MS Hershey Medical Center
> Hershey, PA 17033
The Program for Art on Film has developed guidelines for evaluating media
on art. Based on guidelines developed by the (then) Educational Film
Library Association (EFLA), these guidelines can also be adapted to other
subjects. EFLA also published a "Manual for Film Evaluation" (1974) which
you might find in some libraries. I assume it is now out-of-print. For
more information, you can contact me at the address below.

Nadine Covert, Director nc68@columbia.edu tel 212-854-9570 /854-9577 fax
Program for Art on Film at Columbia University
2875 Broadway, 2nd fl., New York, NY 10025