Re: Multimedia CD-ROMs

Bullfrog Films (bullfrog@igc.apc.org)
Tue, 31 Oct 1995 14:49:52 +0000

Hello, Luella Allen,

I am pleased to hear that you are purchasing videodiscs and software
with a clear eye to the content of the resource. You may be
interested in a new CD-ROM QuickTime classroom resource for
multimedia production: ALASKA WILD! with video clips of Alaskan
wildlife (by cinematographer Daniel Zatz) licensed for royalty-free
use in multimedia educational projects.

Another videodisc resource is THE MOUNT ST.HELENS VOLCANO; FIRE AND
LIFE on the effects of the eruption (before, during, and after) of
Mount St. Helens. A good resource for the study of disturbance
ecology.

I enjoyed talking with Francis Poole at the National Film & Video
Market. Hope to hear from you soon.

Elizabeth Stanley

Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 06:27:51 -0700
From: Luella.Allen@MVS.UDEL.EDU
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Multimedia CD-ROMs

Kristine, We're still waiting to hear from users - How are they going to
use this in classrooms? What do they want to have in the library,
available for their students? At this time, I'm purchasing videodiscs
with software, even tho' I don't have a multimedia workstation in the
media area. It's only a matter of time, I figure - and in the meantime the
videodiscs can be used solo. I would imagine that when it comes to collecting
multimedia I will follow my current practice - and collect for content.
Lue Allen

Bullfrog Films
PO Box 149
Oley, PA 19547