RE: Liquid Sky

L. M. Lockley (llockley@mail.win.org)
Tue, 24 Oct 1995 09:13:07 -0500 (CDT)

Karen:

I find your suggestion to try to ILL a copy of Liquid Sky very
interesting. Our ILL person has informed us on many occasions that no
one will ILL audio or video media for any purposes/reasons/etc! Do you
know of a list of libraries that will do so that I can pass along to
her? It would be great if you could. (According to our staff person -
Public libraries are even more reluctant to loan this type of material)

The reasons we are given for why no one will loan av material through ILL
is supposedly: 1) no control over security of tapes (can be damaged more
easily in mail, can be easily "wiped" if come too close to any number of
security systems, etc) 2) many of the tapes are too expensive to loan out
and 3) the circulation of such items is too high at the owning branch so
they are reluctant to let the go outside their own system for fear of
losing them (see # 1& 2).

Please let me know if such a list of av lenders exists and where I can
get a copy for our ILL staff person. Thank you.

Sincerely,

L. M. Lockley Phone: (314) 926-7323
St. Charles City-County Library District Fax: (314) 926-0869
Kisker Road Branch
1000 Kisker Road E-mail: llockley@mail.win.org
St. Charles, MO 63304-8726

Perseverance pays off!