Re: elusive title (again)

Henry K Mattoon (hkm@crl.com)
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 17:02:32 -0700 (PDT)

Eve,

This probably won't help you much since you're probably looking to
purchase a copy, but after checking our various video distribution
catalogs and coming up empty, the only information I could find was that
UCLA's Film and Television Archive has both a video (VHS) copy and a 16
mm. copy. Info is from UC's MELVYL Internet site (telnet melvyl.ucop.edu).

Here's the UCLA information, followed by details on access. Hope this
helps a bit.

Best,

Henry Mattoon
National Moving Image Database
The American Film Institute
Los Angeles, CA

------------------------------------

VOYAGE INTO SPACE

VIDEORECORDING
Title: Voyage into space. 1970.

Notes: Copyright notice on film: c1970, American International
Television.
Dubbed in English.

Subjects: Science fiction.
Features.
Japanese films.

Call numbers: UCLA Film TV VA9427 M Study Copy. Viewing on
premises only. TYPE EXP FTV ARCHIVE for
viewing details 1 videocassette of 1
(VHS) (97 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
Note: Print source had badly faded
color; otherwise good image quality.

UCLA Film TV A10-15-1 Research Copy. Viewing on
premises only. TYPE EXP FTV ARCHIVE for
viewing details 3 reels of 3 (97 min.)
(ca. 4800 ft.) : opt sd., EC (col.) ;
16 mm.$3safety print. Note: Badly
faded color; otherwise good image
quality (ec, 1/19/1993).

CAT-> exp ftv archive
UCLA FILM AND TELEVISION ARCHIVE

The Archive provides on-site individual viewing access to many of the
titles in its collection of motion pictures, television and news film.

STUDY COPY: VIEWING ON PREMISES ONLY - Study copies are available for
viewing the day after a request is made.

RESEARCH COPY: VIEWING ON PREMISES ONLY - Research copies are
available a minimum of five working days after a
request is made. Some restrictions may apply.

ARCHIVAL COPY:
Archival copies are not available for viewing. These copies
have been either reserved for long-term preservation, or exist
in a non-standard, unviewable format.

To make a viewing request, or for more information about the Archive, its
collections and viewing services, please contact:

Archive Research and Study Center Tel.: (310) 206-5388
46 Powell Library, 405 Hilgard Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90024-1517