Dance resources -- Summary

Suzanne Risley (suzanne.risley@mail.trincoll.edu)
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 12:47:45 -0400

Friends--This didn't make it through the first time, so I'm resending.

>To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu, media-l@ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu
>From: suzanne.risley@mail.trincoll.edu (Suzanne Risley)
>Subject: Dance resources -- Summary
>
>Many, many thanks to all who responded this week to my query about modern
and experimental dance resources! Here is all the wonderful information
that came through:

>Internet resources:
>
>HTTP://web.nypl.org:80/research/lpa/dan/dan.html (NYPL Dance Collection)
>
>artfilm@columbia.edu (Program for Art on Film)
>

>CD-Rom's:
>
>Dance on Disc (complete catalog of the NYPL Dance Collection)
>
>Art on Screen on CD-Rom (complete database of films and distributors
maintained byr the Program for Art on Film)

>Free demo pacakages are abailable for each CD-Rom title. Send U.S. mail
address to:

>Doug Rose
>Assoc. Marketing Manager
>G.K. Hall & Company Library Reference
>dougrose@pipeline.com
>Tel.: (212) 702-6789
>

>Distributors:
>
>Dance Film Associates
>1133 Broadway
>NYC, NY 10010
>(212) 727-0764
>
>Dance Horizons Video
>12 West Delaware Ave.
>Pennington, NJ 08543
>(800) 220-7149
>
>Amy Greenfield
>Eclipse Productions
>135 St. Paul's Avenue
>Staten Island, NY 10301
>(718) 727-5593
>
>Janis Mattox
>2995 Woodside Road #400
>Woodside, CA 94062
>(415) 851-2177
>
>Video D Studios, Inc.
>29 West 21st Street
>New York, N.Y. 10010-6807
>(212) 242-3345 or (800) 54 DANCE
>
>View Video
>34 East 23rd Street
>New York, NY 10010
>(212) 674-5550
>
>Kultur International Films, Ltd.
>121 Highway 36
>W. Long Branch, NJ 07764
>(201) 229-2343
>
>Video Arts International, Inc.
>Box 153 Ansonia Station
>New York, NY 10023
>
>Arc Videodance (for experimental dance)
>88 Lexington Ave., Suite 3K
>New York, NY 10016
>(212) 725-5530
>
>Monday/Wednesday/Friday Video Club (for performance art)
>123 Scribner Ave.
>Staten Island, NY 10301-2317
>(212) 219-0765
>

>Specific titles of interest:
>
>The Last One (the use of dance as a means to convey feeling and our
connectedness to the Earth--a story presented to the Earth
Summit--incorporates Trish Beatty's piece GAIA into the story line)
Available from:

>IAEWP
>2 Bloor St. West 100-209
>Toronto, Ontario
>M4W 3E2
>
>Dance of Darkness (available on laserdisc--performance by a Japanese modern
dance troupe) Distributed by:

>Voyager Company
>1351 Pacific Coast Highway
>Santa Monica, CA 90401
>Phone: (213) 451-1383
>Fax: (213) 394-2156
>

>Miscellaneous:
>
>Dance Program of the NEA--a component of NEA that was elminated some time
ago. A list of grant recipients and their projects should be obtainable by
contacting: