Re: Re[2]: Videos in the Classroom

Video Librarian (vidlib@kendaco.telebyte.com)
Fri, 6 Oct 1995 13:48:15 -0700 (PDT)

Pat,

I agree with you. It's the same thing as the old copy machine argument
(you can't hire someone full-time to stand guard over the Xerox). Placing
labels on your equipment is the best (and most reasonable) way of
alerting people about the copyright law. Especially, since I'm also not a
fan of grilling patrons and/or teachers about intended use. Finally, a
lot the problem comes from the format shift from 16mm to video. As I've
said before about *E.T.*: you don't flood the market with several million
copies of anything and then expect to regulate the way it's used.

Randy Pitman

Editor
Video Librarian