Re: Videos in the Classroom

Video Librarian (vidlib@kendaco.telebyte.com)
Thu, 5 Oct 1995 16:02:36 -0700 (PDT)

Jessica,

I agree absolutely with your description of the face-to-face teaching
exemption. However, I would think that it would be quite reasonable to
argue that a "Winnie the Pooh" program could be used under that
exemption. Since most of the Pooh videos deal with elementary
introductions to basic values, and since topics like fairness, etc.
would be naturally part of a kindergarten curriculum, it makes sense to
me. Now, if the video in question were an episode of "Mighty Morphin
Power Rangers" I'd be hard put to argue any educational use.

Randy Pitman

Editor
Video Librarian