Re: [Videolib] A Visit with Carl Sandburg

From: Jessica Rosner <maddux2014@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 18 2009 - 07:20:14 PST

It is possible but not neccessarily likely that it is PD. Networks
were all over the map on copyrighting programming from that period. In
general the only way you can be sure is to do a copyright search at
the Library of Congress. You can either hire someone to do it for you
( which I think is faster) or I believe LOC can do it for you. I do
not know the fee.

You may however luck out on this one. If you can lay your hands on a
copy ( or if someone here with a copy) can check the book Motion
Picture
Copyright and Renewels 1950-59 that should give you the answer. Alas
it is the only decade for which this is available.
http://www.amazon.com/Motion-Picture-Copyrights-Renewals-1950-59/dp/0927347024