Re: [Videolib] theatrical/vaudeville/early film footage in public domain

From: Jessica Rosner <maddux2014@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Dec 15 2009 - 07:22:59 PST

Should be lots of PD footage from that era. Just make sure it is pre
1923. I believe there is lots of that stuff on the web for viewing but
not sure where you can dowload or buy it. Again anything pre 1923 is
PD and while there can be issues of "special contents copyright" it
is pretty unlikely to involve anything other than music in those cases
which you can turn off if you have to.