Re: [Videolib] Online streaming media licenses: YIPES

From: Jessica Rosner <maddux2014@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Dec 14 2009 - 12:23:30 PST

I think there is a good chance of getting that kind of contract
/rights with a significant number of educational / non fiction films
but there will be some major exceptions. Also I don't see the studios
or owners of the major foreign libraries going for it. Bottom line is
that there will never be a totally simplified system that allows to
buy and use all the films that might be requested in an easy and
affordable manner which probably means that some choices will have to
be made on if certain works are worth either the financial commitment
or the inconvenience of not being able to stream them.

I think the vast majority of both distributors and librarians on this
list want to work together on a viable solution but remember we only
represent a fraction of both groups.

Jessica