Re: [Videolib] Online streaming media licenses

From: <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Mon Dec 14 2009 - 11:51:24 PST

Hi Tammy

Well, we ain't talking Chadwyk-Healey here. The concept of negotiating
licenses doesn't really apply (at present) to streamed videos--at least
not streamed educational/documentary videos. There are a handful of
pricing models and terms of use, and that's that.

In a utopian world (which ours is certainly is not)I'd be looking for
a license to retain files in perpetuity

> Hello CW,
>
> This question is mainly for academic media/video librarians. What has
> been
> your experience in negotiating licenses for streaming media items? What
> kinds of things are you looking for in a license?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best,
>
> Tammy

> producers and distributors.