[Videolib] FW: RSVP for ALA VRT Mid-Winter Dinner and Tours by Jan. 6

From: Mandel, Debra <d.mandel@neu.edu>
Date: Mon Dec 14 2009 - 05:49:49 PST

Hello Everyone,

Reminder:

We'd like to invite anyone attending mid-winter in Boston, (our home
town!) to join the Video Round Table for some special events:

Friday, January 15, 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. Tour the John F. Kennedy
Presidential Library and Museum, with a special look at the Audiovisual
Archives. Cost per person: 10.00
Details: http://www.jfklibrary.org

Public transportation options: From the Boston Convention Center,
take the MBTA Silver line SL1, SL2, or SL3 from the World Trade Center
stop to the South Station MBTA stop. Then take the MBTA Rapid Transit,
(affectionately known as the T) Red Line (any red line train) to
JFK/UMASS Station. There's a free shuttle bus (marked JFK) to the
Library every 20 minutes. Maureen will meet you at the door!

Saturday, January 16, 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. Visit the Media desk at Emerson
College's Iwasaki Library., and marvel at the set of the Will and
Grace TV show, installed in the heart of the Library!!! 120 Boylston
Street, third floor.

Public transportation options: From the Boston Convention Center, take
the MBTA Silver Line to the South Station MBTA stop. Take the Red Line
to Park Street Station, and transfer to the Green Line, heading
outbound. Ride the T one stop to Boylston Station. Exit and walk to
the corner of Tremont and Boylston Streets -you'll see a Dunkin Donuts.
Walk to 120 Boylston Street, and take the elevator to the third floor.

Saturday, January 16, 7:00 p.m. VRT dinner at Legal Seafood, 26 Park
Plaza. Stroll to the restaurant with your fellow VRT members after
visiting Emerson, or just meet at the restaurant.

Details: http://www.legalseafoods.com

(Note: there are a bunch of Legal Seafood locations, so be sure to
check the Park Square one for menu details.)

Public transportation options: Walk from Emerson, or take the Green
Line to the Arlington Station. Exit and walk up Arlington Street,
(heading away from Boston Common) about two blocks to Stuart Street.
Take a left on Stuart Street, and enter the restaurant at 26 Park
Plaza.

RSVP for any or all three events to Debra (d.mandel@neu.edu) by January 6th, 2010.
Please give Debra your cell phone number in case there are any last minute changes.

Summary

 1. JFK Library Visit: Friday, January 15, 3- 6PM
 2. Emerson College Library Visit: Saturday, January 16, 5-6 PM
 3. Legal Seafood Dinner: Saturday, January 16 7 PM

Public Transportation Costs:
The T is (usually) a subway. The Silver Line, however, is actually a bus.
The fare is 1.70 with a Charlie card, or 2.00 with a Charlie ticket.
We recommend getting a Charlie card, (which is plastic as opposed to the paper ticket) because it gives you the cheaper fare.
http://www.mbta.com/fares_and_passes/charlie/?id=5592#card
We hope the link works, but if not, try to go to www.mbta.com , and look up Charlie card info there.
You can get them at T stops, or, if you want to be totally proactive, you can order them online.

For those nite owls, Debra will provide some listings of possibilities, via the listserv and at the conference.
If you are interested in getting tickets for plays or concerts in advance check out www.Boston.com, arts and entertainment listings: http://www.boston.com/ae/?p1=GN_AE

Remember, Maureen Tripp, Iwasaki Library, Emerson College, and I are ready to be your guides. We're looking forward to seeing you!

Debra H. Mandel
Head, Digital Media Design Studio
Northeastern University Libraries
200 Snell Library