[Videolib] new web site design comment

From: Randal Baier <rbaier@emich.edu>
Date: Fri Dec 11 2009 - 06:13:05 PST

The design is nice. A big improvement. Appealing. I only have one
comment concerning the left side navigation bar/column.

When I look at that column I make a mental association between it and
the featured movie. i.e. I think that the column is giving subject areas
that the movie falls into. But actually it's simply a listing of BF's
main subject areas. I know the text states that, but graphically it
gives another impression. I've looked at several BF pages today and
yesterday and find myself looking to the left to see what subject areas
each film represents.

Does that make sense?

for instance, AITT might have four: Environ., Global., Sustain., and
Indigen. So, if you're looking for this type of film, try these areas
for similar examples.

But, I see you have what I'm mentioning down on the far right column
under the festivals, with many topics, but that's below the fold and
basically invisible.