[Videolib] Frameline offers free, streaming independent LGBT films

From: Harris Kornstein <hkornstein@frameline.org>
Date: Wed Dec 09 2009 - 16:03:56 PST

Hi VideoLib members,

(This is my first post to the VideoLib list -- I think/hope it's within
the guidelines. I'm super excited to be on this list!)

As part of Frameline's commitment to providing educators and students
with more independent LGBT media, we're excited to announce that, for
the next six months, we're offering free access to full-length streaming
films on our website.

Each month, we'll upload two films -- usually a documentary and a
narrative short -- exclusively for our email subscribers. These
high-quality streaming films are password-protected, but we encourage
you to share the link and password with your colleagues and friends.

Our first two films are currently live:

    1. BOY MEETS BOY
    This fun South Korean short about love at first sight, complete with
    an animated musical interlude that's bound to make you smile!
>> Click here: http://cart.frameline.org/Articles.asp?ID=171
                 enter password: iheartframeline
                 (available through December 15, 2009)

    2. BYRON CHIEF-MOON: GREY HORSE RIDER
    This fascinating documentary explores Byron Chief-Moon's identity as
    a First Nations two-spirited man, dance artist and father in which
    his art and his life continuously cross boundaries.
>> Click here: http://cart.frameline.org/Articles.asp?ID=172
                 enter password: bestinLGBTfilm
                 (available through January 7, 2010)

This is the only time I'll send this announcement to the VideoLib list,
so if you'd like to receive future updates about this exciting program,
please visit our website to sign up for our email newsletter:
http://cart.frameline.org.

best,
Harris Kornstein
Community Engagement & Communications Coordinator

ABOUT FRAMELINE:
Frameline is the only nonprofit LGBT film distributor in the US,
reaching hundreds of thousands of students, educators, professionals,
festival attendees, and others over the past 25 years. Our titles have
won diverse awards from festivals and media organizations worldwide, and
aired on cable channels such as The Sundance Channel, Logo, and HereTV,
in addition to numerous local public television stations. Our collection
currently includes more than 250 titles, focusing on documentaries,
short films and queer cinema classics.

--
Harris Kornstein
Community Engagement & Communications Coordinator
Frameline
145 9th Street, Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94103
P 415.703.8650 x 304