Re: [Videolib] For your holiday viewing pleasure

From: Jessica Rosner <maddux2014@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Dec 09 2009 - 13:15:54 PST

Two things
RED KIMONO may have won against the injunction but the lawsuit against
director/writer Dorothy Davenport Reid by the woman on whom the story
is based succeeded and bankrupted Reid.

Also for some reason your list is missing the most important of all
censorship cases, THE MIRACLE by Rossellini. This was the case in
which Supreme Court overturned all local censorship laws.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Burstyn,_Inc_v._Wilson
The cases after that generally involved theaters who would not show
films as opposed to cities banning them and of course distributors who
could not afford to go to court.

Also LET THERE BE LIGHT is 1946 not 56. What can I say I am in fact
check orgy mood.