Re: [Videolib] Films Exploring Higher Education

From: Jo Ann Reynolds <Jo_Ann.Reynolds@uconn.edu>
Date: Wed Dec 09 2009 - 08:23:04 PST

It's not media but she might be interested in this or the professor who
wrote it:

Title:

Wannabe U : inside the corporate university / Gaye Tuchman.

Tuchman, Gaye.
<http://homerweb.lib.uconn.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Author&SEQ=20091
209112227&PID=I61COO788I5cYHrS2gw8k3XohAEM&SA=Tuchman,+Gaye.>

Publisher:

Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2009.

256 p. ; 24 cm.

Table of contents:

Wannabe University is transformed -- Situating Wannabe U -- Conforming,
branding, and research -- Outsiders and the new managerialism -- The
politics of centralization -- Teaching, learning, and rating -- Carrots,
sticks, and accountability -- Plans and priorities -- Making professors
accountable -- The logic of compliance.

Notes:

Includes bibliographical references and index.

ISBN:

9780226815299 (cloth : alk. paper)

        0226815293 (cloth : alk. paper)

Other standard number:

99934968410

Subject headings:

Universities and colleges --United States --Administration.
<http://homerweb.lib.uconn.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Subject&SEQ=2009
1209112227&PID=I61COO788I5cYHrS2gw8k3XohAEM&SA=Universities+and+colleges
+United+States+Administration.>

        Universities and colleges --United States --Accounting.
<http://homerweb.lib.uconn.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Subject&SEQ=2009
1209112227&PID=I61COO788I5cYHrS2gw8k3XohAEM&SA=Universities+and+colleges
+United+States+Accounting.>

        Universities and colleges --United States --Business management.
<http://homerweb.lib.uconn.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Subject&SEQ=2009
1209112227&PID=I61COO788I5cYHrS2gw8k3XohAEM&SA=Universities+and+colleges
+United+States+Business+management.>

        Universities and colleges --United States --Faculty.
<http://homerweb.lib.uconn.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Subject&SEQ=2009
1209112227&PID=I61COO788I5cYHrS2gw8k3XohAEM&SA=Universities+and+colleges
+United+States+Faculty.>

        Universities and colleges --United States --Evaluation.
<http://homerweb.lib.uconn.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Subject&SEQ=2009
1209112227&PID=I61COO788I5cYHrS2gw8k3XohAEM&SA=Universities+and+colleges
+United+States+Evaluation.>

Google Book Search:

 Preview Selected Pages
<http://books.google.com/books?id=g-dOYdf27LYC&printsec=frontcover&cd=1&