[Videolib] New VRT Online Discussion Group: Multimedia Production Discussion Group

From: J. Wadland <jwadland@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue Dec 08 2009 - 09:16:33 PST

The ALA Video Round Table has a new online discussion group, the Multimedia Production Discussion Group.

The purpose of this discussion group is to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and discussion on the operation, design, management or
development of the computers, software, and equipment needed for multimedia production.

I hope that you will join us on Tuesday, December 15 from 2:00 to 3:00 (EST) for the first Multimedia Production Discussion Group meeting to be
held on Skype. For our first discussion, we'd like to hear who you are, what institution you are from, what computer hardware is in your site (Mac
or PC or dual-boot), what do the students tend to use the site for, and what suggestions you have for future discussion group topics. After this
first discussion, we'll set up a schedule and agenda for later meetings of the discussion group.

To participate in this discussion, you will need to download and install the latest version of Skype from skype.com and have a headset with a
microphone set up on your computer. Since we have a limited number of spaces, we ask that you RSVP to Justin Wadland (jwadland@u.washigton.edu)
by Friday, 12/11/09. We will send you instructions on how to participate in the conference call.

The discussion group is co-chaired by Shelly McCoy, Head, Student Multimedia Design Center, University of Delaware Library, and Justin Wadland, Head,
Media and Visual Resources, UW Tacoma Library.

Justin Wadland
Head, Media and Visual Resources
UW Tacoma Library
jwadland@u.washington.edu