Re: [Videolib] A question for distributors - What advice would you give a young filmmaker about how to find a distributor?

From: Chris Lewis <clewis@american.edu>
Date: Mon Dec 07 2009 - 11:59:46 PST

Dennis,

It's really helpful to have this kind of candid advice from a
distributor. Do you mind if I save and forward it to faculty who teach
film producing and screenwriting classes?

Most of who I hear from are documentary filmmakers representing films
on social issues - of one type or another. Do you know of any
international documentary "Markets", such as Sunny Side of the Doc,
that have venues or events designed for filmmakers to pitch their
wares?

Chris