[Videolib] A question for distributors - What advice would you give a young filmmaker about how to find a distributor?

From: Chris Lewis <clewis@american.edu>
Date: Mon Dec 07 2009 - 07:29:21 PST

Occasionally I hear from filmmaker's asking about how to get their
films distributed. I've heard from three in the past month. I always
suggest festivals as one of the best ways to get noticed and I give
them the names of the distributors I use but I really don't know how a
lot of titles make their way to distributors. If one or more of you
are willing to lend some advice for these up-and-comers it would be
greatly appreciated.

--
Chris Lewis
Media Librarian