Re: [Videolib] Video on Demand from Amazon or Netflix

From: Regnier, Ami <ARegnier@bentley.edu>
Date: Fri Dec 04 2009 - 11:02:24 PST

Ditto, please and thank you. =)

------------------------------------
Ami Regnier
Special Projects Librarian
Bentley University Library
175 Forest Street
Waltham, MA 02452
aregnier@bentley.edu
781.891.2390

From: videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu [mailto:videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of patricia fragola
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 1:58 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Video on Demand from Amazon or Netflix

David-

Can you please share your findings? THis is a topic that interests us as well.

Thanks

pf

--
Patricia Fragola
Circulation Coordinator
On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 11:57 AM, David Nelson <davidnnelson33@gmail.com<mailto:davidnnelson33@gmail.com>> wrote:
Has anyone made use of Amazon or Netflix streaming video as a video provider for your institution or are aware of anyone who has. I notice that Amazon is now making available a number of titles that are being used in various classes and it would be nice to move away from the DVD reserve offering to VoD. But, they still appear to be strictly individual subscription based and probably not terribly interested in the institutional market (or maybe just too complicated with copyright). If anyone has looked into their services, I would be very interested in hearing from you.
Thanks.
David Nelson
--
David N. Nelson
South Asian Studies/ Cinema Studies Librarian