[Videolib] Looking for PPR on Derby (1971) and Roller Derby Girl (1949)

From: Jackson, Sandra F. <Jacksonsf@uncw.edu>
Date: Tue Nov 24 2009 - 14:52:11 PST

Hello, Video Librarians.
I have received a request from a professor who wants to show Derby (1971) and Roller Derby Girl (1949) in Lumina Theater in the spring semester. Any thoughts on who has the Public Performance Rights for either of these? I'm about to leave town for the next week to take care of my father, who has just gotten out of the hospital and is having a difficult recovery. As I will not have time for a complete search for some time, I am hoping someone already knows about either of these films. For some reason, I have a vague memory of one of you offering a helpful site for finding PPR on really old films, recently, but it could have just been a pleasant dream. Here are the leads I have from just a couple of minutes (all I had) on IMDB and the internet:
Derby<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169756/> (1971<http://www.imdb.com/Sections/Years/1971/>)
Cinerama Releasing Corporation (1971) (USA) (theatrical)
Red Alert Films (2008) (USA) (DVD)
Code Red DVD (2009) (worldwide) (DVD)
Roller Derby Girl (1949<http://www.imdb.com/Sections/Years/1949/>)
Republic Pictures
Paramount Pictures
Turner Classic Movies
In honor of the upcoming holiday, I am thankful for the Videolibrian list serve members!
Happy Thanksgiving,
Sandra

Sandra F. Jackson
Film Program Coordinator
Lumina Theater & Sharky's Box Office
UNCW Presents
The University of North Carolina Wilmington
910.962.7971
jacksonsf@uncw.edu
http://www.uncw.edu/lumina