Re: [Videolib] Fox and Paramount New Policy - Retail vs. Rental DVDs

From: Kathleen DeLaurenti <KDeLaurenti@uwb.edu>
Date: Thu Nov 19 2009 - 13:53:57 PST

Has anyone seen the issues that came up with captioning on the recent
Disney/Pixar "Up" release?

http://consumerist.com/5405145/disney-removes-closed-captioning-from-up-renta
l-release

I noticed it on the copy I rented as well. Does anyone know if other studios
are doing this? I haven't heard so far if this is going to be remedied in
anyway, and I can certainly see lacking captions as an issue for a lot of
collections.

Kathleen