Re: [Videolib] Question for the LISTSERV

From: Laura Fu <lauraf@answersmediainc.com>
Date: Wed Nov 18 2009 - 07:00:17 PST

Christina,

I got a BA in TV production from Hofstra and was the News Archivist at Sinclair Broadcast Group's Newscentral until the operation shut down in 2006. We had a growing library of tapes ()b-roll, SOTs, pkgs, press conferences etc) that I managed and provided for our affiliates when requested. I'm in production archives now. I would absolutely love to talk about TV news librarianship with you and anyone else who's interested! It has been nearly impossible for me to connect with any other librarians in TV news. I don't think many exist. I'm aware of several stations that have cut any library related positions, so I'm afraid it's a small and perhaps disappearing profession.

If anyone else has more to offer, I'd enjoy hearing from you too.

Laura Fu

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AnswersMedia
Laura Fu
Video Assets Manager

400 W. Erie
Chicago, IL 60654
P: 312.421.0113 ext.5160
F: 312.421.1457
lauraf@answersmediainc.com<mailto:lauraf@answersmediainc.com>

www.answersmediainc.com<http://www.answersmediainc.com/>
www.answerstv.com<http://www.answerstv.com/>

P Before printing, please think about the environment