Re: [Videolib] Students paying for access

From: GODIN, CHRISTINE <cgodin@alamo.edu>
Date: Fri Nov 13 2009 - 10:50:58 PST

Kim's last sentence says it all. And the other variable is the college
administrations who embark on extensive off-campus offerings with no
thought to the extra costs and other issues that arise about
accessibility. If they want to offer equal access to distance students,
they need to be prepared with the IT infrastructure, staffing, and the
funds. To expect the library to provide a service that can be a
nightmare to administer with no expert staff and no additional funds is
unfair.

Christine Crowley Godin

Dean of Learning Resources

Adjunct Faculty, Theatre