Re: [Videolib] New topic: video borrowing poliicies

From: Chris Lewis <clewis@american.edu>
Date: Thu Nov 12 2009 - 14:25:52 PST

We have a kind of elaborate system whereby most of our feature films
(the ones not reserved for class) circulate for student home-use and
everything else is restricted. Out-of-print titles get taken off the
home-use list unless they have only had minimal circulation and can
probably be replaced with used copies.

Students do lose videos at a higher rate than faculty members but
having provided this for three years the hassles are far overshadowed
by the satisfaction we get from knowing students are loving it. Our
collection policies haven't changed so this is students who are
exploring international cinema, the classics, the esoteric, and the
otherwise critically-acclaimed.

--
Chris Lewis
Media Librarian