Re: [Videolib] New topic: video borrowing poliicies

From: Anthony Anderson <anthonya@usc.edu>
Date: Thu Nov 12 2009 - 10:57:58 PST

Seems to me that the exact same arguments could be applied
(and were at one time) to the circulation of books. Why the double
standard when it comes to multi-media material...?

To paraphrase Thorton Wilder's line from *The Matchmaker*: videos
are like manure; they're no good unless they are spread around.

And as for a undergraduate checking out a $300 and then losing it:
should such a scenario transpire, the poor little dear would have
to pay full replacement costs. Otherwise: no more library privileges,
no diploma, and no transcripts until bill settled. Fortunately, we have yet
have to impose such draconian punishments and hopefully we will never have
to.

DVDS to the People!

Cheers!
Anthony Anderson

Anthony E. Anderson
Social Science and Arts & Humanities Librarian
Von KleinSmid Library
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0182
(213) 740-1190 anthonya@usc.edu <mailto:anthonya@usc.edu>