Re: [Videolib] Tiered Pricing

From: Susan Albrecht <albrechs@wabash.edu>
Date: Thu Nov 12 2009 - 08:32:11 PST

I certainly would be, Jonathan, since we're even slightly smaller
than Eileen's institution. In fact, one of the best things that came
out of NMM for me this year was having one of the vendors, whose
stuff we really like, offer to place us at the community college/high
school pricing level even though we're a 4-year college. I wish more
vendors would look at the issue this way, because to lump a small
college in with a large university seems to me patently
unfair. We're definitely not in the group Gary says doesn't think
anything over $20 is worth buying -- I *love* buying high-quality,
well-made indie titles -- but when my small-institution-sized budget
has to pay out the same amount for a title as a 15-30K university,
it's very hard to buy all I'd like.

Susan

At 10:54 AM 11/12/2009, you wrote:
>Dear Eileen
>
>Interesting: would it be ok with everyone if we set our prices for
>DVDs on the basis of Carnegie Classifications? And if Lake Forest,
>for example, paid $250 for a DVD w/ PPR while Gary paid $400?
>
>I might be ok with that. who else would be?
>
>JM
>

>Jonathan Miller
>President
>Icarus Films