Re: [Videolib] New topic: video borrowing poliicies

From: Anthony Anderson <anthonya@usc.edu>
Date: Wed Nov 11 2009 - 15:59:35 PST

Here at USC we charge a $5.00 late fee for every day a video is kept
overdue.
(Faculty members don't have to pay late fees, but their borrowing
privileges are
immediately revoked and that in a way, hits them even harder!) Getting
back our
films on-time has (fortunately) been so far a minor inconvenience. In
the month
of September our collection circulated 5500 items--of that figure
perhaps 25 of them
of them were "seriously" overdue. Along the way, some of our films have
been lost
or the discs damaged. But in our experience, such films have yet to be the
"expensive" documentaries (ala Bullfrog or WMF) but always the most
resolutely
popular feature films--e.g., *40 Year Old Virgin*--the easiest and
cheapest films to
replace.

Anthony

Anthony E. Anderson
Social Science and Arts & Humanities Librarian
Von KleinSmid Library
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0182
(213) 740-1190 anthonya@usc.edu <mailto:anthonya@usc.edu>