Re: [Videolib] New topic: video borrowing poliicies

From: GODIN, CHRISTINE <cgodin@alamo.edu>
Date: Wed Nov 11 2009 - 15:11:05 PST

In essence, I agree with you. With a caveat. We have everything out on
the shelves. A small collection of Permanent Reserves placed separately
from the DVDs are for faculty and staff use only. They are rarely loaned
on ILL. That collection consists of the very expensive or very popular
across-the-curriculum films that are in constant demand. All can be
viewed in the library by anyone. The bulk of the media titles go out for
a week. At a community college, we have too many people who only come to
campus once or twice a week. On a residential campus, a three day loan
is probably realistic.

We limit students to three media items at any time. Community members
are limited to two items, period (although we make exceptions).

We buy this stuff for people to use. That's my motto and I'm stickin' to
it!

Christine Crowley Godin

Dean of Learning Resources

Adjunct Faculty, Theatre