Re: [Videolib] New topic: video borrowing poliicies

From: Anthony Anderson <anthonya@usc.edu>
Date: Wed Nov 11 2009 - 14:57:56 PST

On a slightly different tangent: perhaps as a true convenience to the
students, *they could be just
allowed to check out films to view **outside of the library*. This is
the basic policy here at USC
with our Leavey Library video collection. Except for a relatively small
items specifically placed on course reserve, any
student and faculty member can check out any vhs tape or dvd in our
5000+ collection
for up to three days. This is a policy which has proven to be enormously
popular with both faculty and student
body alike. While so many academic libraries continue be so restrictive
in their video circulation policies
I find....well..um....unfathomable. I mean, why should students be
forced to watch the films in the confines
of the library building?

Anthony E. Anderson
Social Science and Arts & Humanities Librarian
Von KleinSmid Library
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0182
(213) 740-1190 anthonya@usc.edu <mailto:anthonya@usc.edu>