Re: [Videolib] A meditation on indie vdeo pricing in an age offiscalapocalypse

From: GODIN, CHRISTINE <cgodin@alamo.edu>
Date: Wed Nov 11 2009 - 14:13:36 PST

Here is another wrinkle that appeared today. I decided to go ahead and
try for a copy of Life + Debt. We contacted the distributor/filmmaker
and discovered that she does not take credit cards. So, if we want to
"send her a check" as she requested, we have to get her into our vendor
file. She will have to fill out the W-9, etc and fax it back. Then
someone will enter her in that file, assigning her a number and THEN we
can issue a requisition and get a purchase order.

Sometimes it is more challenging to complete the nuts and bolts of a
purchase than we are willing to do. My tech services librarian tells me
that sometimes she will get a bill from Neoflix, an agency that seems to
work with smaller entities to provide an online ordering environment. Or
we will call Cherene Birkholz to see if she can get it for us.

I'm sure I am not alone in working for a place where you cannot simply
send a check.

Christine Crowley Godin
Dean of Learning Resources
Adjunct Faculty, Theatre