Re: [Videolib] videolib Digest, Vol 24, Issue 53

From: <bobn@filmideas.com>
Date: Wed Nov 11 2009 - 13:57:28 PST

Hi Chris,

I saw you received multiple list suggestions. Film Ideas is on
several. We have been producing educational programming for 30 years.
Just let me know what you are looking for and I can pull together
some recommendations. Or you can visit www.filmideas.com and preview
titles online.

Best regards,
Bob

> From: "Chris McNevins" <Chris.McNevins@uconn.edu>
> Date: November 10, 2009 11:52:59 AM CST
> To: <videolib@lists.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: [Videolib] FW: Video sites
> Reply-To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
>
>
> Hello All,
>
> I've been asked the following....
>
> ... Hi Chris, Youíve sent out links in the past to interesting
> sites dealing with video for academic use. Iím looking for a site
> that lists available vendors of video content. Do you have anything
> like that? ...
>
> The short answer from me is NO, but I'm figuring my cohorts on
> VIDEOLIB will have something so I'm counting on y'all....
>
> Chris McN
> __________________________________________________
> Chris McNevins | ACQUISITIONS COORDINATOR
> UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT | HOMER BABBIDGE LIBRARY
> 369 Fairfield Way Unit 2005AM | Storrs, CT 06269-2005 USA
> PH: 860-486-3842 | FX: 860-486-6493 | EMAIL: chris.mcnevins@uconn.edu
>
> I was reading a book...'the history of glue' - I couldn't put it
> down. --Tim Vine
>
> ___________________________________________________
>
>
> From: ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
> Date: November 10, 2009 11:56:29 AM CST
> To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
> Subject: Re: [Videolib] FW: Video sites
> Reply-To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
>
>
> See http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/Distributors.html
>
> No the be-all and end-all, but at least it's something.
>
> gary
>
>
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I've been asked the following....
>>
>> ... Hi Chris, You've sent out links in the past to interesting sites
>> dealing with video for academic use. I'm looking for a site that
>> lists
>> available vendors of video content. Do you have anything like
>> that? ...
>>
>>
>> The short answer from me is NO, but I'm figuring my cohorts on
>> VIDEOLIB
>> will have something so I'm counting on y'all....
>>
>> Chris McN
>> __________________________________________________
>> Chris McNevins | ACQUISITIONS COORDINATOR
>> UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT | HOMER BABBIDGE LIBRARY
>> 369 Fairfield Way Unit 2005AM | Storrs, CT 06269-2005 USA
>> PH: 860-486-3842 | FX: 860-486-6493 | EMAIL: chris.mcnevins@uconn.edu
>> <mailto:chris.mcnevins@uconn.edu>
>>
>> I was reading a book...'the history of glue' - I couldn't put it
>> down.
>> --Tim Vine
>>
>> ___________________________________________________
>>
>> VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of
>> issues relating to the selection, evaluation,
>> acquisition,bibliographic
>> control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video
>> formats in
>> libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will
>> serve
>> as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a
>> channel of
>> communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video
>> producers and distributors.
>>
>
>
> Gary Handman
> Director
> Media Resources Center
> Moffitt Library
> UC Berkeley
>
> 510-643-8566
> ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
> http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC
>
> "I have always preferred the reflection of life to life itself."
> --Francois Truffaut
>
>
>
>
>
>
> From: "Jo Ann Reynolds" <Jo_Ann.Reynolds@uconn.edu>
> Date: November 10, 2009 1:10:01 PM CST
> To: <videolib@lists.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: Re: [Videolib] FW: Video sites
> Reply-To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
>
>
> http://classguides.lib.uconn.edu/mediaresources
>
>
>
> click on vendorís tab.
>
>
>
> Iím sure there is more so feel free to suggest.
>
>
>
> Jo Ann
>
>
>
> Jo Ann Reynolds
>
> Reserve Services Coordinator
>
> University of Connecticut
>
> Homer Babbidge Library
>
> Storrs, CT
>
> 860-486-1406
>
> jo_ann.reynolds@uconn.edu
>
>
>
> Question Reality
>
>
>
> From: videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu [mailto:videolib-
> bounces@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Chris McNevins
> Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 12:53 PM
> To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
> Subject: [Videolib] FW: Video sites
>
>
>
> Hello All,
>
>
>
> I've been asked the following....
>
>
>
> ... Hi Chris, Youíve sent out links in the past to interesting
> sites dealing with video for academic use. Iím looking for a site
> that lists available vendors of video content. Do you have anything
> like that? ...
>
>
>
> The short answer from me is NO, but I'm figuring my cohorts on
> VIDEOLIB will have something so I'm counting on y'all....
>
>
>
> Chris McN
>
> __________________________________________________
> Chris McNevins | ACQUISITIONS COORDINATOR
> UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT | HOMER BABBIDGE LIBRARY
> 369 Fairfield Way Unit 2005AM | Storrs, CT 06269-2005 USA
> PH: 860-486-3842 | FX: 860-486-6493 | EMAIL: chris.mcnevins@uconn.edu
>
> I was reading a book...'the history of glue' - I couldn't put it
> down. --Tim Vine
>
> ___________________________________________________
>

VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.
Received on Wed Nov 11 13:58:14 2009

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : Wed Apr 07 2010 - 15:16:25 PDT