Re: [Videolib] of tangential interest

From: Susan Albrecht <albrechs@wabash.edu>
Date: Tue Nov 10 2009 - 11:39:18 PST

At 02:18 PM 11/10/2009, Tom wrote:
>To somewhat follow-up on the Rip thread, here is an interesting
>discussion about why people don't always pay for music:
><http://www.npr.org/blogs/monitormix/2009/11/question_of_the_day_what_is_your_excuse_for_not_paying_for_music.html?ft=1&f=15710080>http://www.npr.org/blogs/monitormix/2009/11/question_of_the_day_what_is_your_excuse_for_not_paying_for_music.html?ft=1&f=15710080

Wow. Check out this one.

>> Music is not a product, it is a part of shared culture and
therefor cannot be owned or sold. I pay for mp3s only if the price is
worth the convenience of not having to search and risk viruses from
p-p. I support musicians by paying for concert tickets and vinyl -
you know, products and services. <<

And this:
>> I'd rather not pay for shipping from amazon.com or something similar. <<

And this:
>> I started downloading music without paying for it a year and a
half ago when we moved to Mexico and my IPOD became my only
radio. ...Of course, we could buy through ITunes, but...." <<

Unbelievable. What a whine-fest.

Susan at Wabash
(Am I channeling Gary in his grumpiness? ;))

Susan Albrecht
Acquisitions Manager
Wabash College Lilly Library
Crawfordsville, IN