Re: [Videolib] science movie night - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

From: Gail Fedak <gfedak@mtsu.edu>
Date: Tue Nov 10 2009 - 08:12:36 PST

Jean,
Please put this on the wish list.
Thanks,
Gail

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Charles Mccann
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:41 AM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Cc: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] science movie night - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

The Genius of Charles Darwin (DVD)

http://www.amazon.com/Genius-Charles-Darwin-Richard-Dawkins/dp/B001VB8U90/re
f=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1257867574&sr=1-9

ABSTRACT: How do species evolve? What does "natural selection" mean in
biology, politics, sociology, and philosophy? With passionate certainty,
Dawkins provides answers, positing evolution as a matter of fact, not faith.
In addition to interviewing scientific experts such as geneticist Craig
Venter and paleoanthropologist Richard Leakey, Dawkins speaks with Dr. Rowan
Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury, and other religious leaders about the
existence of a Creator. Provocative, informative, and irresistibly
watchable, this award-winning documentary offers lively new insights on an
idea that still meets stubborn resistance.