Re: [Videolib] science movie night - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

From: Charles Mccann <cmccann@fsu.edu>
Date: Tue Nov 10 2009 - 07:41:26 PST

The Genius of Charles Darwin (DVD)

http://www.amazon.com/Genius-Charles-Darwin-Richard-Dawkins/dp/B001VB8U90/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1257867574&sr=1-9

ABSTRACT: How do species evolve? What does "natural selection" mean in biology, politics, sociology, and philosophy? With passionate certainty, Dawkins provides answers, positing evolution as a matter of fact, not faith. In addition to interviewing scientific experts such as geneticist Craig Venter and paleoanthropologist Richard Leakey, Dawkins speaks with Dr. Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury, and other religious leaders about the existence of a Creator. Provocative, informative, and irresistibly watchable, this award-winning documentary offers lively new insights on an idea that still meets stubborn resistance.