[Videolib] Update: recall for Lionsgate DVD of John Huston's THE DEAD

From: Steffen, James M <jsteffe@emory.edu>
Date: Fri Nov 06 2009 - 11:20:59 PST

This information about a replacement program for the botched DVD of John Huston's THE DEAD has appeared on a couple of DVD discussion boards. I couldn't locate it on the Lionsgate website, though it's more than likely legit:

__________

It has come to our attention that due to a technical malfunction, the initial DVD shipment of John Huston's THE DEAD contained an incomplete version of the film. We deeply apologize to all our consumers for this unfortunate error and want to offer them an opportunity to replace their current copies with the complete version as soon as it is available to ship the week of November 23rd. We regret this inconvenience, as Lionsgate is committed to providing our consumers the highest quality home entertainment experience.

All consumers who purchased a copy and wish to receive the new complete version should do one of the following:

* Email lionsgatecs@orderassistance.com with mailing address and a scan/attachment of the purchase receipt

* Fax (310) 222-5562 with mailing address and copy of purchase receipt

* Snail Mail purchase receipt along with mailing address to: Lionsgate "The Dead" Recall, 20102 S Vermont Ave, Torrance, CA 90502-1361

Please call (800) 650-7099 with any additional questions.

--
James M. Steffen, PhD
Film Studies and Media Librarian