Re: [Videolib] College/University film societies?

From: Alex O. Williams <alex@typecastfilms.com>
Date: Tue Nov 03 2009 - 12:06:32 PST

Judy, just kidding about it being a trick question. But it DID start to
sound a little like one of those Encyclopedia Brown scenarios from my youth.
Haha...

You're right that this is much more of an issue with the advent of Home
Video cassettes, since before that folks mainly had to rely on film print
copies from the library collection or had to rent films directly from
distributors and so PPR could be much more closely controlled. But I, too,
would be interested to know what the PPR situation and requirements were
like before Home Video.

And for the record, I always give great rates for PPR on KINO films for
anyone who takes the time to ask.

just kidding... again.

Alex