Re: [Videolib] College/University film societies?

From: Shoaf,Judith P <jshoaf@ufl.edu>
Date: Tue Nov 03 2009 - 11:36:50 PST

Alex,
Not a trick question at all. I was just trying to construct a very precise scenario (and I hope YOU wouldn't give them a great PPR rate since I specified Kino....). Thanks for the answer.

There was so much emphasis on club membership that I wondered whether there could be a club that did not have to pay PPR.

Does the concept of PPR predate videocassettes?

Could a university that owned a copy of, say, Top Hat, in 1962, have an advertised free showing of the film for students without paying PPR?

Did the Cinematheque in Paris have to worry about PPR in the 60s and 70s? Yikes. My life is flashing before me.

Judy