Re: [Videolib] College/University film societies?

From: Alex O. Williams <alex@typecastfilms.com>
Date: Tue Nov 03 2009 - 11:13:51 PST

Judy, is this a trick question? I'm guessing the catch lies in the shape of
the cookies? :)

Actually, I'd say they do still need PPR, though if I were contacted by
someone who outlined this scenario for one of our films I'd give them a
great rateómostly just because it was cool that they bothered to call to
check on needing PPR rather than just showing it, figuring they could get
away with it. It's clearly not "personal home use" here, nor would this
scenario fall under the face-to-face teaching exemption.

I worked at Scarecrow Video here in Seattle years ago and we watched a 35mm
print of MAD MAX 2: THE ROAD WARRIOR at our end-of-year holiday party. The
party was confined to just the store employees and one guest each, but we
still had to get PPR for the showing.

Alex
Alex O. Williams
Institutional Sales

AFD / Typecast Films
Seattle, WA . USA
ph: 206.322.0882 x.202 | fx: 206.322.4586

arabfilm.com | typecastfilms.com