[Videolib] DVD vs. VHS

From: Andrews, Sarah E <sarah-andrews@uiowa.edu>
Date: Mon Nov 02 2009 - 15:46:16 PST

I think the real problem here is that many people really believe VHS is an obsolete format, and therefore it is ok to replace a worn-out VHS with a DVD because of this.

If I discover an old u-matic tape, and there is nothing for sale in any format, can I make an archival DVD copy?

I think libraries are as much to blame for this perception as anybody--lots of them are discarding all of their VHS titles, even stuff they can't get in other formats.

Sarah Andrews