Re: [Videolib] does TEACH apply to course management systems?

From: Brewer, Michael <brewerm@u.library.arizona.edu>
Date: Mon Nov 02 2009 - 10:00:17 PST

Yes, if it meets all TEACH requirements, but my sense is that you are asking about film. I think most would agree that streaming of an entire film through a CMS would not meet TEACH requirements. The posting of an entire image, textual work, etc. could meet those requirements, but for film, you can only use "reasonable and limited portions." Take a look at the Educational Exceptions eTool: http://librarycopyright.net/etool/
mb

Michael Brewer
Team Leader for Undergraduate Services
University of Arizona Library