Re: [Videolib] The Daily Bitch

From: Gail Fedak <gfedak@mtsu.edu>
Date: Thu Oct 29 2009 - 13:44:58 PDT

Rarely do we need PPR. What we do need is closed circuit permission. We have
an in-house cable distribution system that feeds 25 carrels in our media
library. We used to go out to classrooms across campus, but that ended
several years ago. I would not mind a much smaller bump in price than is
usually assessed for PPR in order to have just CC permission. When we
purchase from the amazons of the market, we are limited to one-at-a-time
use, which can be a real headache when an instructor makes an out-of-class
viewing assignment - especially since we don't check video out to students.
When faculty or staff schedule one of our programs for a public showing, I
always check on PPR for the stated event. If additional fees need to be
paid, I pass that information to the end user to take care of. BTW, if the
person reserving a program for an event doesn't confirm that appropriate
fees have been paid, we don't check out the programs to them on or before
the event date.
My 2 cents,
Gail

Gail B. Fedak, Director