Re: [Videolib] The Daily Bitch

From: Dennis Doros <milefilms@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Oct 29 2009 - 12:08:00 PDT

Dear Group,

Just to be a pain in the ass because I'm having a tough month. (And I just
lowered the price of THE EXILES today on our website in preparation for the
home video release next month so I'm still agreeing with you.) In the past
on this listserv, librarians have stated that when they loan out videos,
they should not be responsible for worrying whether those people are showing
the films publicly or not. It seems to be a double standard. Some (not all)
librarians don't want to pay for PPR and are not happy when they're forced
to, but some (not all) are not willing to protect the distributors who are
doing right by them. Just my own daily...

>From a person who saw that there was still another illegal screening of I AM
CUBA, this time at Sarah Lawrence...

Dennis
Milestone